What might we expect in the world of wellness as a new decade begins? Outside magazine polled a handful of health experts to gain insight on anticipated emerging trends in 2020. Highlights include:
- Running will rise in popularity, again.
- Turns out that sitting all day will still not be good for us.
- We will skip the gym and pursue more virtual, at-home training.
- Shoe technology could be regulated.
- “Big Agriculture” will actively participate in climate change conversations.
- We will continue to piecemeal solutions to health and wellness instead of thinking about the big picture.
- Men will name women among their sports heroes.
- Workout will go back to basics.
- Mindfulness, meditation, and self care practices are here to stay.
- People will remove themselves from screens and opt for real-life interactions instead.
Read on for more details and expert opinion.